Hi all,
we have successfully ran Jira and Confluence on a Debian distribution in Google cloud for a number of years. We rarely update the versions.
During a moment when (from what we know) no one was using Confluence, the CPU started to run at 100%.
I have rebooted server to no avail.
Starting up with sudo ./start-confluence.sh gives no error, and nothing (as in, not a single line) is written to the atlassian-confluence.log file.
Running "top -c" gives this list:
18289 conflue+ 20 0 253036 6380 0 S 197.1 0.1 70:25.46 /boot/vmlinuz
1503 conflue+ 20 0 13280 3068 2800 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.72 ./o3LPbfh ./nafOeFd
1504 conflue+ 20 0 13292 3036 2756 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.86 ./o3LPbfh ./0J6BPhj
1505 conflue+ 20 0 13820 3540 2732 S 0.0 0.0 0:06.78 ./o3LPbfh ./prot
30982 conflue+ 20 0 5808 704 620 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.00 sleep 10
30991 conflue+ 20 0 5808 704 620 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.00 sleep 5
30995 conflue+ 20 0 5808 700 620 S 0.0 0.0 0:00.00 sleep 1
So something is happening, but is unclear what.
The mysql database that is used as the storage is responsive and looks ok from what I can see.
The disk is not full.
A local "wget http://localhost:8090" gives "connection refused"
JIRA is running fine.
My limited Linux skills has now reached the end of the line so I am asking for assistance. I do have the possibility to bring back a 5 day old backup but as we use Jira on the same server I first need to understand what the reason is...
Uname output:
Linux support 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.43-2+deb8u5 (2017-09-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Confluence version: 6.2.1
I have tried to start in safe mode, with the same result.
I tried starting up with the "-fg" parameters and the following came at the end:
15-Apr-2019 15:59:47.266 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/8.0.43
Killed
Anyone please?