My server where I was running confluence and jira crashed. I have backups of the database and of the /var/atlassian/application_data folders. I do NOT have backups of the /opt/atlassian folders. I installed a new version of Jira and was able to import the old database and move the old /var/atlassian/application_data/jira folders into place and it works.
With confluence, I noticed that the old database has 96 tables and the new database has 117 folders. So this must be a newer version. Can I assume that if I can figure out what version of confluence I was running before and install that, then I could update the database and var folders similar to Jira and it would work? If so, how do I determine what version of confluence I was running and where can I get that version to re-install?
If not, is there any way to recover my old confluence documents and import them into the new version of confluence?