I'm stuck with a problem and need a fresh pair of eyes...
We have one project for all the work the development team has to do across BAU/Support and new functionality/projects. Every major project deliverable translates into an Epic in Jira, while Support and BAU tasks get grouped into a BAU epic.
We want to have two separate boards (within the same project) - one for BAU and the other for Projects. But whenever I exclude the BAU epic in the board filter I can no longer use the epics as swimlanes.
So this: "project = ALPHA ORDER BY Rank ASC" shows me a full Kanban board with swimlanes around epics which is perfect. All we now want to achieve is hiding the BAU epic from view as that has its own separate board.
Changing the filter to "project = ALPHA and "Epic Link" != ALPHA-729 ORDER BY Rank ASC" still shows 300 results in the issue search but when I change the board filter to use this updated version I get "No issues currently visible" while having swimlanes set to Epics. If I use swimlanes against any other selection (eg assignee or story) it works fine.
Is this a bug or am I doing anything wrong?