Hi,
We have confluence hosted on our own box for a few years now with no issues. We have confluence running under it's own user. Randomly yesterday the process khugepageds showed up using 600% of the CPU (the box has 8 CPU's in total, the rest are being used by Java). I stopped confluence and the process lives on. When I look at the processes I see:
501 9063 625 0.0 144936 13700 ? Ssl Apr10 9422:08 /tmp/khugepageds =/tmp/kerberods TERM=linux JRE_HOME=/opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/ NLSPATH=/usr/dt/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N.cat PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin RUNLEVEL=3 runlevel=3 PWD=/opt/atlassian/confluence/bin LANGSH_SOURCED=1 LANG=en_US.UTF-8 PREVLEVEL=N previous=N XFILESEARCHPATH=/usr/dt/app-defaults/%L/Dt CATALINA_OPTS= -Xms1280m -Xmx1280m -XX:MaxPermSize=384m -XX:+UseG1GC -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xloggc:/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/gc-2017-11-21_01-34-45.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=2M -XX:-PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:-PrintTenuringDistribution CONF_USER=confluence CONSOLETYPE=serial SHLVL=7 HOME= CATALINA_PID=/opt/atlassian/confluence/work/catalina.pid UPSTART_INSTANCE= UPSTART_EVENTS=runlevel UPSTART_JOB=rc _=/tmp/kerberods __DAEMON_FD_3=2f746d702f2e583131756e6978: __DAEMON_STAGE=
The log file was last written to on 2019-02-22. Since it stayed up once I stopped confluence is it safe to kill? I don't want to kill a process that can potentially break my confluence setup.