This one seems to be a bit of an oldie, but try as I might, coming up with a solution has proven more challenging than I would have expected.
Steps taken:
- verify permissions (I'm an admin on the site and project)
- Verify that I have access to the Add/Edit screen for this particular issue type within the UI (and that I'm using same user account/matching token to call the REST API) and that I'm able to successfully create and edit new issues of this type.
- Verify that expected field is present on the relevant screen within the project Admin screen schemes for this issue type
- Verify that I can write an issue of this type when custom fields are removed
Observations:
- When I query the REST API for a list of screens then query the availableFields for this particular issue type (using the id from the screens list), I do NOT see the fields that I expect and they don't match the UI, A set of custom fields are there, but they don't map specifically to this issue type.
- When I query for issue metadata, I DO see expected fields.
- When I review other screens for this particular project, I DO find expected fields on the "Kanban Bug Screen".
What am I missing here?