When I run git push origin <branch>
I have the error bellow:
$ git push origin <branch>To https://bitbucket.org/folder.git! [rejected] <branch> -> <branch> (non-fast-forward)error: failed to push some refs to 'https://me@bitbucket.org/folder.git'hint: Updates were rejected because a pushed branch tip is behind its remotehint: counterpart. Check out this branch and integrate the remote changeshint: (e.g. 'git pull ...') before pushing again.hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.
When I run: git remote show origin
Local refs configured for 'git push':<branch> pushes to <branch> (local out of date)
Thanks for all the comments and help.
What happened was that there was commits in the remote master/origin.
Then I had to merge it into the branch I was working on. I did this by bitbucket website.
Locally I had to type the command: git branch --set-upstream-to=origin/<branch-name(remote)> <branch-name(local)>
Then, I could run push without problems.
Your branch is behind the upstream branch. Try doing:
git pull
and then do your push.
Thanks for your answer.
I already tryed git pull. But still have the issue.
Cinthia
You try to execute this command:
git push -f origin <branch>
Regards.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.