I have two Confluence Servers on the Starter License, one for production and the other for development/staging.
I recently updated the production server and its add-ons with renewed production licenses. Everything went fine.
Since I could not find a new developer license for the Starter License, I tried using the production license also for the staging server. Seemed to work fine at first. However, when I updated the staging add-ons with their developer licenses, I got the following error message for each add-on:
License successfully updated, but the license is invalid. Click Buy now to get a valid license.
And the license status changed to:
Incompatible with product license (wrong type)
I then learned that you now need a separate license for staging with the Starter License, so I bought a second Starter License for the staging server and successfully applied it.
But the same add-on developer license errors persist. Even after I remove and then reapply a license.
What gives? Why can't I apply my valid add-on developer licenses on my staging server, which use a valid Starter License?