Requirement:
whenever a new issue is created, i need to fetch the issue id, and do some processing with it. I want to receive the data in JSON format. if i configure webhook in jira i ll be able to get it.
i have access to create webhooks.
I am new to web technology in Python. I know different peices, but dont know how to put them together.
What shall i need to write in python?
How will my python program use the webhook service in JIRA, so that i can get the JSON.
My service will be hosted on a server, it will listen to everytime the issue is created. and will get the issue id and do the processing.
i know webooks will return json, but where will i receive it. I am confused, how to get my requirement working.
Some help with the code will be appreciated.