Hi
Has anyone ever created a test Confluence Environment using a sql database copied from production-Then install the application and have it point at this copied database?
Thanks
Kathy
Hi Kathy,
Yes, it is possible! You can create a snapshot of your production instance in a different server.
Please refer to this guide for all instructions on creating a test environment.
Let us know should you have any questions. Thanks!
Kind regards,
Luiz MaiaAtlassian Support
I would suggest that you read both Restoring a Test Instance From Production and Migrating Confluence Between Servers for a thorough and detailed explanation of the process to do this. This is a well documented and often used procedure for doing exactly what you wish to do. I do hope that is helpful for you.
Sincerely,
Chuck
The short answer is yes. What I ended up doing is duplicating the VM that my confluence is running on and using that. But you can do a full new install, then just shut it down, go into the SQL database and import the production DB in. I do that on my test system now to refresh the data on it so it's more current. Or if I have to restore a page from a previous backup. You will also need to copy the confluence data directory to the new server so the DB and the attachments/files are all in sync
How does this affect the licence? Can you have more than one machine on one licence for this purpose?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-get-a-confluence-developer-license-152044449.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.