The new SourceTree 1.4.0.0 includes the git-svn support feature. But I haven't been able to clone an SVN repository into a git local repo. Is there a tutorial to do this?
For Example, help me create a local git for this repo: http://progit-example.googlecode.com/svn/
I just updated to v1.4.1.0 and was able to successfully clone a SVN repository (http://progit-example.googlecode.com/svn/)
Yes, the new version updated on Jan 29
SourceTree?
Are you geting a specific error when trying to clone a SVN repository?
Here is part of the documentation from the OS X version of SourceTree:
Cloning Subversion To Git When you clone a Subversion URL, you have a choice - you can either clone a single branch of the repository (or the trunk), represented in Subversion by unique URLs, or you can clone from the root of the repository, and if the repository is in the standard Subversion layout (branches, trunk and tags folders in the root), then the conversion will pick up the branches and tags and convert them appropriately.
Cloning Subversion To Git
When you clone a Subversion URL, you have a choice - you can either clone a single branch of the repository (or the trunk), represented in Subversion by unique URLs, or you can clone from the root of the repository, and if the repository is in the standard Subversion layout (branches, trunk and tags folders in the root), then the conversion will pick up the branches and tags and convert them appropriately.
I get this error: "fatal: repository 'http://progit-example.googlecode.com/svn/' not found"
trying to fetch from an svn repo as a remote of a local git repo.
Interesting, it looks like that repository works in OS X, but not in the Windows version.
You'll probably want to open up an issue at https://jira.atlassian.com
Edit: My image didn't get attached to the comment - http://i.imgur.com/XueEjtl.png
Thank you, I'll do that and update this post when I get an answer.
Looks like you're not the only one having this issue - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-1431
I'm picking up on this issue. I'm trying to clone a svn repository hosted at Unfuddle.comand get the following message (using SourceTree on Windows 8.1): This is not a valid source path/url.
There was a bug in the version with first release of git-svn support, see comments here http://blog.sourcetreeapp.com/2014/01/29/sourcetree-for-windows-1-4-released/
There is also related bug report on JIRA.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.