Hello, I am trying to create a cascading select custom field where the user selection for Field1 will filter choices for Field2, but where I can also make both Fields 1 and 2 required for users. To make this simpler, I will call Field1 "Classification" and Field2 "AR Code". Choices for "Classification" I'll call 1A, 1B, 1C and subsequent choices for AR Code as follows: 1A: 2A; 1B: 2A; and 1C: 2B, 2C, 2D, 2E. Values for both "Classification" and "AR Code" should be required.
I understand that this is not currently possible in JIRA without using Script Runner. I only have extremely basic computer language skills, so I was hoping someone could help me come up with a script to create this new field. Also, would I need to create Field1 and Field2 as new custom select lists before creating the new field with Script Runner?
Thanks so much for anyone's help!
JIRA Test version (what I'm currently using): 7.13.1
Our JIRA Prod version, where this will eventually go: 7.6.4