Hi,
How to make this possible, only members of the Group "Group X", Admins, and Project Lead will be able to create a Sub-task in a project.
You can't out of the box. JIRA doesn't have issue control. If they can create issues they can create any type of issue. You may be able to do it with scripting or find a plugin.
@Joe Pitt Thanks for the feedback, but how can i achieve this with the scripting.
I don't know. I don't use scripting. I work as a consultant and the customer prefers not to use anything not built in or a couple mainline plugins.
Hi @niranjan , to follow up on what @Joe Pitt said, I think the Scriptrunner for Jira plugin would allow you to limit Sub-task creation via either scripting or Behaviours. Keep in mind that plugins do cost extra.
That being said, what would be the reasoning behind it? If users can already create issues, what could be the harm behind them creating sub-tasks? And could this be solved by simply communicating with any users not 'behaving like they should' (so to speak)?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.