Hi all,
I'm trying to perform a validation to show me an error message when moving an issue that does not meet a specific condition, I'm testing with validations script and listener but I get nothing, can you help me please?
Regards.
Your title says "clone transition", your text "moving an issue" : can you be more correct ?
What validations script/listener (?sic) ? What is your "specific condition" ?
etc..etc..
Hello Marc,
Sorry for the confusion, I am trying to add some kind of validation when moving issues, since we want certain users not to move the created issues to some particular issue types.
Regads.
Ok, but moving issues is not a workflow action, correct ? So you can't use (workflow) validation scripts ...
Listener scripts can capture the move, and find out the move is not allowed, but by definition, a listener script is called when the operation is done, so too late to do validation ? Correct ?
I am not sure you can add validation in some way to the (basic) Jira functionality of a Move...
I'm also not sure what can be done, but for example I managed to mediate a validation script in the "create" transition of an issue that shows a message to all those users that we do not want to create issues but if they can clone and want to know if there was any way to do something similar with the action of moving issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.