Hello All,
I want to upgrade my company to the latest version of Server Confluence - there is a good chance we might migrate to the cloud if the Server upgrade is successful. If you could provide these answers, this would help tremendously in getting us to that goal. Thank You in advance.
frevvo is currently on the v5.8.4 Server version of Confluence. My questions are listed below:
- Can we upgrade from Confluence 5.8.4 directly to the latest Server version or do we have to upgrade to some intermediate version first and then go to the latest? If so, what is that version? I saw conflicting information - one topic said we needed to make 2 jumps to get to the latest and then I thought I read that we could do it in one jump. Looking for a confirmation on how many steps we will need.
- One big pain point for me is the Copy Space plugin for in-house. I know it is not supported for in-house but I have been using it for the last six years for frevvo Release Management. I am hesitant to use it again if we upgrade. Can you recommend a substitute plugin that is as easy to use as the Copy Space?
- I know the Documentation theme is no longer supported - of course we use that theme in all our spaces - I am prepared to make changes to the Stylesheet to hide breadcrumbs etc as I did with the Documentation theme but I was unable to hide the Space tools menu or the page menu dropdown that displays when you click the three dots in the upper right corner? Is there a way to hide these?
- It is very important that I restrict the search to the current space. I understand that the checkbox to do that has been removed in the newer releases. Is there a different way to restrict the search in the later releases?
- I use the "jump to a different space" macro all the time. Is this macro still available in the newer releases? If not, is there a way to jump to a different space?
- Can you provide the URL for the Migration Community space - seems to be quite a few responses when I Google it.
Once again, I appreciate your time. In light of the Security Vulnerability notification I received yesterday, upgrading has now become a critical issue.