Given two tickets with summary:
Why does the following JQL returns the ticket:
And this one doesn't?
Hi @Gustavo Matias ,
May I know what you searched for originally?
The only time JIRA should miss a result if your search request is correct is if there is something wrong with the indexing.
Since you are on JIRA Cloud from what I see from your other ticket you raised, you may need to wait for the index to be rebuilt. However to be able to say more, I would need to see the actual JQL you are running.
@Ismael Jimoh wow long does it take for the re-index to happen? the ticket has been created for a few days now.
Below are the queries.
This works:
https://viewthespace.atlassian.net/issues/?jql=summary%20~%20%22Flaky%20spec%3A%20spec%2Ffeatures%2Fportfolio%2Fdeals%2Fdeal_profile%2Fcomplete_deal_spec.rb%22
JQL:
summary ~ "Flaky spec: spec/features/portfolio/deals/deal_profile/complete_deal_spec.rb"
This doesn't:
https://viewthespace.atlassian.net/issues/?jql=summary%20~%20%22Flaky%20spec%3A%20spec%2Ffeatures%2Fportfolio%2Fproposal%2Fproposal_details_spec.rb%22
summary ~ "Flaky spec: spec/features/portfolio/proposal/proposal_details_spec.rb"
Any ideas?
This I am unsure of but I would suggest raising a ticket with the Atlassian Cloud team here.
They would be in a better position to assist you with the issue with indexing and also due to their access to the server they would be able to diagnose the issue better.
I personally do not see any problem here but would ask that you run the following query to see how many results are returned:
summary ~ "Flaky spec"
I would expect this to return both so if it does not then there is a potential problem here.Another thing to confirm with you is can you see the ticket with the "Flaky spec: spec/features/portfolio/proposal/proposal_details_spec.rb"?
I would like to remove the potential of the problem being down to a permission or issue security problem as these could impact your search result.
Thanks.
@Ismael Jimoh that simpler JQL does return both tickets. I also have no problem seeing the ticket itself, I created it about 4 days ago.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.