Hi
I've been trying to set up the reverse proxy configuration with nginx and docker-compose but it keeps on asking me for a password (and even if I enter it correctly, refuses the connection) and I'm not sure where I'm going wrong at this point anymore.
I'm pretty sure I've missed something totally obvious but I think I've spent so much time on it I just can't see it anymore. If anyone could take a look I'd be incredibly happy to get that very last tid-bit working.
Here is my docker-compose and nginx configuration.
I've already tried a myriad of things, including enabeling ssh in the bitbucket serer and setting the url to default to one without a port number behind it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Update:
I've included some more information as suggested
Ah, thanks for pointing it out. I thought I had the domain names replaced.
the certbot certification is done once to get the certificates up and running and afterwards is accepted. I can access the bitbucket subdomain via web with encryption.
The problem I am having is trying to clone/push changes to a repository via git using ssh keys. I've enabled ssh and uploaded the public ssh key into the bitbucket server via the UI.
Inside the server configuration UI of bitbucket I've enabled ssh and set the base url to ssh://subdomain.domain.dev
I've created a sample project and added myself as the admin to that project. Then set created a local repository and set the remote url according to the instructions given in the bitbucket repository ui.
When I add a README.md, add all changes and
git push -u origin master -v
It reports that it is connecting to
git@subdomain.domaindev/project/repository.git
Then it asks me for a password. I haven't explicitly set a password (apart from my user password) but that one isn't being accepted either.
In the docker-compose file I realised last night that I didn't expose the nginx service on port 22. I'm not too familiar with how exactly the git ssh protocol works but is it something like
outgoing ssh:port -> my_vps_ip:22 -> docker-compose_nginx_service:22 -> bitbucket-server:22
Does bitbucket then forward the ssh port 22 to the standard port (7999 i think?)
Is there any other information or logs I could provide which might help?