Hi there
I'm a scrum master and don't come from a development background.
I'm now in charge of looking after releases for a middleware/API platform.
Issue is I'm struggling to figure out what environment a particular story has been deployed to and tested in, without diving into GitLab, in order to create a clean pipeline to deploy to production.
We use a locally hosted JIRA instance and GitLab in a dev-ops environment. We have the following environments: DEV, UAT, and PROD, multiple remote teams working on the same code-base, and no feature branching.
We QA in DEV, integration test in UAT and smoke test after PROD deployments.
Currently our swim lanes end at Done in DEV, then the story loses visibility to us once pushed to UAT, as often another team will test our functionality from their front-end; sometimes we can integration test in UAT.
Any advice gratefully welcomed.
Regards,
Steve.