We are part of a family of organizations that all share the same domain name for email addresses. Let's say we have a domain example.com and Company 1's users are john.doe@example.com but Company 2's users are also jane.doe@example.com.
If we are Company 2 and we use Atlassian Access the way the documentation is written we will have to claim example.com as our domain. This will involve all Atlassian accounts for Company 1 and Company 2 becoming managed users for us. (I have verified this with Atlassian billing support. They say that we would have Company 1 users as billable accounts if they had access to any managed product, not just those belonging to Company 2's Atlassian account.)
I can potentially get all our users to have an alternate email address on their Active Directory accounts so they would be jane.doe@example.com and jane.doe@example2.com. I could then claim example2.com as our domain. But can Atlassian Access (with Okta) support passing along the email address to the identity provider as an alternate email address and have the logging in still work?