Hello there!
I'm new to the Atlassian eco-system and I am starting using Jira Service Desk for tracking support requests.
As of now, the communication between our Service Desk and and customers is currently managed ONLY via email: I would like to use Jira Service Desk only to 'silently' track all the communications, update SLAs and create reports. I have a couple of questions:
1. How do I ensure that any activity performed by an agent on Jira Service Desk will result in sending an email to a customer?
2. Currently, I have enabled the creation of new requests from email (as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver032/receiving-requests-by-email-828800649.html?_ga=2.184369318.1884134358.1553438516-1059549463.1546631455). Issues are properly created in the Service Desk Project. If an agent replies from her/his email, the issue is properly updated. If a customer replies from her/his email, Jira Service Desk creates a new issue. Can Jira Service Desk be configured to always append new comments to the already created issues? How?
Update on question #2: I just verified that Jira is configured not to create new users from emails. Can this be the explanation for question #2? If a user is created in Jira, can I still ensure question #1?
Thanks in advance for any advice!