Dear ATLASSIAN / atlassian Community :
I have a very simple question :
How to definitely and unequivocally logout of this website ? ( community.atlassian.com )
Due to the nature of my work, I must quite frequently work on workstations that are not exclusively mine. Also in our office some workstations are not exclusive .
After the (not-so-) recent change to the login method for ATLASSIAN products, we find it almost impossible to logout. an automatic login will always occur with the last used ID/PWD.
Unless I / WE miss some absurdly obvious function or link ( and in that case - apologies )- The "logout" link is simply misleading in nature.
e.g. :
- Two of my co-workers / colleagues signed-in in an airport lounge - and then took them almost an hour to try and reset the login - without success.
- In our office - we are all forced to use ONE single username of the first unlucky user that logs in.
- ..and even a personal laptop / workstation can not be left always logged-in.
All of the above scenarios can be considered as a very serious security threat. and I can count many more.
Deleting cookies / local storage does not seem to help - apparently they are set on multiple / separate domains and fiddling with them is not what anyone as a simple user should do - even if could.
In some instances cookies deletion will cause `404` errors like :
Not Found
The requested URL /simplesaml/module.php/core/no_cookie.php was not found on this server.
Answers like this one does not seems very helpful as we are not expected to mail / post thread every time we want to logout ... ( BTW - lots of questions about this issue. maybe a hint ?? )
I would also have expected to have a clear and precise warning to users of the fact that the login is persistent and can not be actually revoked on "logout" .
Again - if there is another method / function / link to do a real and persistent "logout" with cleaning of all residues - Then I apologize for the thread and please point me to the right direction.
But if there isn't any - Then I would definitely expect to be able to securely logout of any account at any moment I so desire.
Edit : Small addendum :
If indeed some function to clear all session exists - I would also expect to transparently EXPOSE it to users - as I wrote above - It seems we / I am not the only one(s) that search for it .... .