Is there a way to automatically create a parent/child link to the parent task when converting a subtask to a task? I want to keep the relationship between the subtask and its parent task but need to convert the subtasks so that I can move them to a different project.
Hi @Shelli
When you make a sub-task, it's automagically related to its parent. Other issue types aren't. However, you can use any of the existing (or create a new one) link types to link the two tickets. It won't be a "parent/sub" relationship but all the links have an inward and an outward direction so you can have it outward toward what used to be the child task.
mike
I know the difference between tasks/sub-tasks and links. What I'm looking for is a way to automatically create a link when I convert a sub-task to a task.
Hi @Shelli did you find a solution for that?
@Shelli just wondering if you found a solution for this? We are looking for the same. Need to convert some subtasks to tasks but want them to remain linked to the parent issue.
Hi @Dan Moore , did you find any solution for that?
Thanks!
I am wondering this as well. Has anyone found a solution to this yet?
Unfortunately it is still a slow and manual process when converting Sub-Tasks to Task, but these are the 6 steps that I use.
I suppose I could try to automate adding the label or relating the converter Sub-Task > Task to the parent it is loosing.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.