Hey guys,
Right now the issues on my project all share the same ID-scheme. So a Bug could be poc-213, a task poc-254 and an epic poc-345. This project-related key is unique for each issue as you might know.
However, I'd like to have an additional ID-scheme, which is issue-dependend.
I tried to simply write an ID into the summary of each issue, for example
"BUG ID023 | No response from dataserver while updating". However, it is quite difficult to keep track of the current ID number for each issue type if you type it in manually.
So is there a possibility to automate this? It would be very handy if the system would automatically recommend a custom ID for each issue type. So when I create a bug and click on the summary field of the issue it should already recommend me "BUG IDXX | ", where XX is the highest current Bug ID +1.
Is there a third party software for this? Or a way to code it myself?
Best regards,
Tobias