I am in the process of starting the update from 6.10 to 6.13. With that I am making the move to OpenJDK8. I tried to start it with the Eclipse JVM (OpenJ9) and it went.. poorly. Has anyone any experience using this vs the HotSpot JVM?
Hello there Mike!
Currently, Confluence support only AdoptOpenJDK. You can check this info here:
Is OpenJDK supported by Confluence?
Ideally, you should retry this procedure with the supported JDK Mike.
Looking forward to your reply!
Hi @Diego
I am actually using AdoptOpenJDK8. However, there are two variants of that. One with the HotSpot (Oracle) JVM and one with the Eclipse (IBM) JVM. By all accounts the Eclipse JVM is much faster.
I did try to start it with AdoptOpenJDK8-OpenJ9. No luck. With basic AdoptOpenJDK8, it started right up. (I am running containerized on AWS).
I guess what I am asking is if there is a way to use the Eclipse JVM rather than the HotSpot JVM with AdoptOpenJDK8
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.