Hi,
We've set up a pretty rigid project access setup using security groups in AD.
All projects have a dedicated security group, "JIRA-Project-xxxx" that gives access to a specific project, and we also have some group that will have access to multiple projects (like f.ex "JIRA-Group-IT"), but we also want all these users to automatically become a member of jira-users so I can handle application access by giving jira-users "JIRA Software" access and not have to give that to every single group I make. I also want to use jira-users for our PMO since they want "any logged in user" to have access to their PMO project that contains project statuses etc for our business projects. Problem is, I cant delegate access to a project to "any logged in user" like I can with a filter / dashboard.
Also I cant auto add them to this group via user directories as they sync a whole bunch of users who shouldnt have JIRA access (only synced to become a customer in the Service Desk).
What I would've liked is to use f.ex ScriptRunner to create a scheduled job running so so often to get members from groups beginning with "JIRA-xxx" and incrementally add them to jira-users automatically.
Is this possible or is there another way I can do this?
I cant be adding every new JIRA Software user manually to this group in addition to the security group for the project.
Any ideas are welcome.
Thanks!
Br,
Stian