We are using a formula to calculate a User Impact Score in our Service Desk project. I understand that the vote count can be accessed in a smart value using {{issue.voters.size}} but is there a way to trigger the automation to be run when an issues vote count actually changes?From my experimentation neither Issue Updated or Field Value Changed seem to trigger when a new vote occurs.
Hi @camnospace and @cjwiggins
I haven't been able to find that feature, although someone has suggested adding it here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-74498
How about a work-around?
Best regards,
Bill
I have the same problem - any suggestions here how to get this to work? I am using Automation for Jira (server version)I would also be happy for any other solution to using Jira/Automation for Jira to get a set of people to approve something (i.e. a majority of a team approve a document) and have the workflow proceed automatically.
Adding a note to this, as a a tangentially related Vote question has been asked here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-the-data-and-time-of-a-Jira-Issue-vote-be-obtained/qaq-p/2906074
In Jira Cloud the Issue Updated trigger in Automation Rules is not activated when the only change to an issue is to add or remove a Vote. The Updated timestamp is changed, but the Issue Updated event does not appear to be fired.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.