We have a custom field of time limited text (<256) . Now the requirement has been increased to text field (unlimited). I added the new field with the same name and now the users need to fill the additional data in the new field. I am looking for a way to move the existing data of the old custom field to the new one and remove the old custom field (limited text)
You'll need to write some form of script to do this. Have you got the script runner plugin?
Hi Nic,
I was able to do this using the built-in Scripts provided by the Script runner plugin. The option used is
Copy custom field values Copy custom field values from one field to another in bulk, to support changing a field type without using SQL or restarting.
I didn't know there was one in there already :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.