Hello,
I tested Stash 3.7.0 on my local machine and using the default install connecting to localhost:7990 works. Once I installed Stash 3.7.0 on a server and connected to my.domain:7990 it looks like it hangs on "connecting to my.domain:7990". I run stash in the foreground and here's what I see.
EDIT: On the same server I am successfully running an instance of JIRA, Confluence, and Crucible.
[root@s1 bin]# ./start-stash.sh -fg
Starting Atlassian Stash as current user
If you do not see a 'Server startup' message within 3 minutes, please see the troubleshooting guide at:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/Troubleshooting+Installation
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stash is being run with a umask that contains potentially unsafe settings.
The following issues were found with the mask "u=rwx,g=rx,o=rx" (0022):
- access is allowed to 'others'. It is recommended that 'others' be denied
all access for security reasons.
The recommended umask for Stash is "u=,g=w,o=rwx" (0027) and can be
configured in setenv.sh
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detecting JVM PermGen support...
PermGen switch is supported. Setting to 256m\n
Using STASH_HOME: /home/corp/atlassian/application-data/stash
Using CATALINA_BASE: /home/corp/atlassian/stash/3.7.0
Using CATALINA_HOME: /home/corp/atlassian/stash/3.7.0
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/corp/atlassian/stash/3.7.0/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /home/corp/atlassian-jira-4.3.4-standalone/jre
Using CLASSPATH: /home/corp/atlassian/stash/3.7.0/bin/bootstrap.jar:/home/corp/atlassian/stash/3.7.0/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_PID: /home/corp/atlassian/stash/3.7.0/work/catalina.pid
06-Mar-2015 11:05:47.018 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'xmlValidation' to 'false' did not find a matching property.
06-Mar-2015 11:05:47.019 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'xmlNamespaceAware' to 'false' did not find a matching property.
06-Mar-2015 11:05:47.068 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: /home/corp/atlassian/stash/3.7.0/lib/native:/home/corp/atlassian/application-data/stash/lib/native
06-Mar-2015 11:05:47.234 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-7990"]
06-Mar-2015 11:05:47.260 INFO [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorPool.getSharedSelector Using a shared selector for servlet write/read
06-Mar-2015 11:05:47.264 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Initialization processed in 841 ms
06-Mar-2015 11:05:47.294 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal Starting service Catalina
06-Mar-2015 11:05:47.294 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/8.0.15
06-Mar-2015 11:06:01.791 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-7990"]
06-Mar-2015 11:06:01.809 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 14545 ms