Is there a way to bulk remove a label, i.e. remove it from the label field in all the issues it's attached to?
This can be done easily by adding a search to find all issues matching the label, then bulk selecting via the tools menu. Select edit issues and select the label check box, leaving the label blank. Remember to turn off email notification by unchecking the box.
This has the side effect of removing all labels from the issues. It would be nice to be able to delete specific labels and keep any others.
It would be nice to be able to do all sorts of things when it comes to label management. I think that this issue, JRA-26128, covers the bases. I cast my vote for it a couple of months ago.
fyi, we're on server 7.9.2 and there is an option under bulk to 'Find and remove these' which then let's you enter the label(s) you want to remove. It only removes those ones.
I agree with the suggested answer, if you better consume information by watching, I have created a video walkthrough, hope it helps:
https://youtu.be/-9H_cEao6gU
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.