I'm trying to install Firefox on my elasticbamboo instance (ami-430a452a) so that I can run selenium tests. None of the methods described in the knowledge base or elsewhere on the 'net are working. Is there a method known to work for this AMI?
Use the Ubuntu image and install it using
apt-get install firefox
in the instance setup script.
That works when I login as root via ssh, however I can't get root as the bamboo user when my tests are running.
Use the instance setup scipt - check Image Configuration screen in Bamboo. This script runs as root.
I've added the following to the instance setup script, but it looks like the script is hanging while installing fabric. Is it possible to see the stdout/stderr of the script?
apt-get update
apt-get install -y libpq-dev
apt-get install -y firefox
apt-get install -y xvfb
apt-get install -y python-dev
apt-get install -y unixodbc-dev unixodbc-bin unixodbc
apt-get install -y libxml2-dev
apt-get install -y libxslt1-dev
apt-get install -y fabric
apt-get install -y python-pip
pip install cuisine
pip install django-cachebuster
pip install django-celery
I've added the following to the setup script and it looks like it's hanging when trying to install fabric. Is there a way to see the stdout/stderr from the setup script?
Was able to get the startup script working by doing this:
#!/bin/sh
export PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
install()
{
#apt-get install -y fabric -o=DPkg::NoTriggers=true
pip install fabric
}
install >/tmp/startup.log 2>&1
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.