I installed jira 7.13.1 following these steps for a manual installation, without doing anything custom:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0710/installing-jira-applications-on-linux-from-archive-file-953144209.html
to locate the home directory:
<span><installation-directory>\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\jira-application.properties</span><br><br>jira.home=/var/jirasoftware-home
Operating system is Centos 7
On a separate server (GCP), I've built a Postgresql DB but have not yet connected it to jira--waiting until this first issue is solved before proceeding.
For java, I have:
$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_202"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_202-b08)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.202-b08, mixed mode)
After starting jira with ./start-jira.sh -fg, nothing renders at localhost:8080
However, upon quitting, the following message is posted as part of the log:
$CATALINA_PID was set but the specified file does not exist. Is Tomcat running? Stop aborted.
FYI: here's the entire stream:
Server startup logs are located in /opt/jirasoftware/atlassian-jira-software-7.13.1-standalone/logs/catalina.out
Using CATALINA_BASE: /opt/jirasoftware/atlassian-jira-software-7.13.1-standalone
Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/jirasoftware/atlassian-jira-software-7.13.1-standalone
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/jirasoftware/atlassian-jira-software-7.13.1-standalone/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /usr/java/jre1.8.0_202-amd64
Using CLASSPATH: /opt/jirasoftware/atlassian-jira-software-7.13.1-standalone/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/jirasoftware/atlassian-jira-software-7.13.1-standalone/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_PID: /opt/jirasoftware/atlassian-jira-software-7.13.1-standalone/work/catalina.pid$CATALINA_PID was set but the specified file does not exist. Is Tomcat running? Stop aborted.
So, assuming that the reason that jira cannot render to localhost:8080 is related to the fact that "the specified file does not exist", does anyone have a suggestion about how to proceed??