Hello,
One day I'm using JIRA, the next I get database not found errors. I checked and it appears my database has vanished. Entirely, and suddenly. I don't have backups because I actually thought I installed a plugin to do that - turns out I didn't (at least on this installation). The data isn't absolutely vital by any means, but it's certainly a pain in the ass to lose it.
I'm curious as to how it's possible the database has vanished.
Setup: MySQL server running locally with a db called 'jiradb'. The MySQL Server was still running without any apparent problems, just the JIRA database (and corresponding MYI etc. files) are not there. I actually can't find any trace of them.
You can see how sudden it was from the logs. I've shared them on Dropbox here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/15a4ry6v2rzj6hn/AACGXyKkEyMaeOBuXHMF4aOqa?dl=0
If you check atlassian-jira.log, and find the first occurrence of "2016-04-08 15:56:12,190" you will see the point at which the DB was gone.
The security log (also in the shared folder, atlassian-jira-security.log) looks to shows some activity from Russian and Chinese IPs that I do not recognise (118.193.12.194, 130.193.51.39, 141.8.132.59)
Is it possible someone has got in and simply deleted my database in such a clean way?
I expect my data is long gone at this point, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
*Update*: Just used a recovery tool to check the MySQL dictionary file, and indeed I'm not going mad - the database was there with what's look like a ton of tables. So something has entirely and cleanly wiped it! This is extremely odd...