I would like to try an accomplish two things.
- Use a post function jjupin sil script to copy the information in a custom field from an issue in an epic, and insert it into a custom field of the epic the issue is "under" (I have successfully been able to do this from a subtask to a parent by following some JJUPIN tutorials)
- Use a post function jjupin sil script to transition the epic forward in it's workflow, based on the transition of an issue that is "under" the epic (I have also been able to do this from a subtask to parent)
There are great tutorials to help a novice like me in the subtask/parent relationshitp, but due to subtasks not being able to be used in Sprint planning I'd like to use standard issue types and have then update the epic they are associated with, using post functions in the workflow.