Hey folks, I have been fussing with this for a couple of days now and nothing seems to work. I know this has come up before, but I don't yet have a solution.
I have a Word doc (software manual of 250+ pages) that I imported to our Confluence Server (v6.14.1) Confluence imported each chapter of the doc into a separate page (as requested).
As others report, links to individual chapters/pages and to anchors within each page behave as they should.
There are a ton of cross-references between chapters/pages, so I've made anchors for each cross-reference. I'll note that Confluence created numerous anchors for each heading -- mostly referencing the Table of Contents (example: _Toc384453954), but also what seems to be a cross-reference (_Ref78100551). These examples are next to the heading "Working with Self-Extracting (PKSFX) Archives" in a page/chapter called "3 _Adding Files to an Archive."
If I create a link on another page to the Self-Extracting Archive anchor with this wording on the Advanced field and save, Confluence creates a new page when you click the link:
3 _Adding Files to an Archive#SFX (the anchor I created; and yes, it's all caps in the anchor)
Same thing happens if I use _Ref78100551 as an anchor.
If I use the full URL with #SFX in the Advanced field, Confluence points to the top of the page, but doesn't look for the Anchor.
https://confluence.pkware.com/display/SPE/3++_Adding+Files+to+an+Archive#SFX
Not to get ahead of myself, but once all this gets sorted out, the whole mess will be published on a separate (public) Confluence instance. I fervently hope I won't have to redo all the anchor links before publishing over there!
Thanks for reading through all this detail. I hope there's enough here to find an answer.