Hi everybody!
I am trying to transfer all of our old issues to JIRA Core, since we are switching to this as our new issue tracker. We decided to go with a CSV import, since our old issue tracker isn't supported natively and CSV still allows for things like dates and people to be imported correctly.
My problem is: Some of our old bugs have attachments with a semicolon ";" in the file name, and I want to transfer those to JIRA with the same name, since they are for example referenced in the issue description. The problem is that the attachments in the CSV file are supposed to be passed as a long string in the format:
"2015-10-01 14:30:00;UserName;filename.jpg;file://///path-to-file"
The link to the importable file is no problem, since it is in URL encoding anyways and a semicolon simply becomes "%3B". But if I try to import a file called "file;name.jpg" as
"2015-10-01 14:30:00;UserName;file;name.jpg;file://///path-to-file/file%3Bname.jpg"
I obviously get the error message "Cannot parse (...) as attachment info: too many tokens", since the semicolon is seen as a token separator. If I try to escape or encode it (e.g. as "%3B" or "\;"), the attachment is created with precisely this name, including the escape character ("file\;name.jpg").
So, my question is: Is this even possible? If yes, how? Or do I have to rename the file and all references to it? Any help is very much appreciated.
Florian