We're using our own hosted Bamboo to deploy our code to environments and we're using cloud hosted Jira.
I'm trying to get it so that when Bamboo deploys to our production environment it transitions the Jira issues to "Released".
It seems like our Bamboo and Jira are both already nicely connected together:
- Our Bamboo can correctly see which issues a release relates to
- Our Jira can correctly see the deployments an issue has been deployed to (see where it says "Deployed to ...").

So, what I did was edit our workflow to add an extra step called Released:

I then edit the transition for that step and added triggers like this:
1. Add trigger
2. Choose "Deployment successful"
3. The form appears and has correctly found my Bamboo server and release projects.

I repeat this to add 3 triggers (we have 3 different Deployment projects for 3 different components of our system).
But nothing happens... The Deployment suceeds and in Bamboo I can see it has has listed the right Jira issue under "Issues"
But the issue never gets transitioned to "Released" in Jira.
There is nothing of note in the Bamboo error logs.
Any ideas?