I have around 20 projects in my dev jira and I have installed jira in my local.How can I create my local as replica of the development jira.
Hi Pinky,
The easiest way is to take XML backup from your Dev JIRA and restore it on Local JIRA. I hope both JIRA versions are the same.
For generating XML backup:-
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/backing-up-data-938847673.html#Backingupdata-xml_backupUsingJira'sXMLbackuputility
For restoring XML backup (make sure to disable email notifications and SMTP email):-
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/restoring-data-from-an-xml-backup-938847707.html
thanks
Thank you Shankar. Both the jira versions are same but I am having doubt with the database as they are different.Will it point to new database if I restore in local instance.
Pinky, It doesn't matter what database you use for local JIRA - you can still be able to restore XML backup on it. This restoration process will wipe out all your existing data on your local JIRA so please make a backup before restoring it.
-Shankar
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.