In JIRA's Created Vs. Resolved chart, there is a "Display Versions" pulldown with choice of
* All versions
* Only major versions
* None
I'm not sure what the point of the third option is, and there seems to be no difference between the first two. Over in the Scrum Board, I can define Releases, which can be used in fixVersion field of tickets (and what the Created Vs. Resolved chart shows as lines when it transitions from one to another), however there is nowhere I can define if a version is major vs. minor.
I'd like to be able to define this actually, so I can have real release versions be "major" and test specific release candidates be "minor", but, again, I see nowhere to define this.
I am running JIRA 7.4.3, btw (yes it's old, I'm waiting to come up on priority for my IT team to upgrade me).