I have documents that I copy and paste into confluence and I always have problems with too much spacing between sentences. How can you fix this?
Is this for all content in Confluence or just the pasted text?
It is for pasted text and images.
I also looked for the Clear formatting in the editor's ribbon within "Settings" and there was no Clear formatting options, just "Disable Autocomplete" and "Disable Autoformatting".
It may depends on which editor you have. Are you cloud or server, and if the later which version.
So you don't see this:
Yes, I see your snap shot. We are server and our version is 6.0.6. I followed the clear formatting instruction, nothing changed. I tried it, but it didn't decrease the spaces between the sentences. What it did depending on which one I selected the font was decreased and not the spaces. Also, what I pasted has images within the document , but the images didn't copy in the Confluence page. Do you know why not?
Thanks much.
Yeah, probably the word source has extra returns between paragraphs (rather than setting the spaces in the format option). So when you paste, you are getting extra spaces due to emptly <p></p> tags.
You can test this theory (while viewing the page, not editing), by selecting .... -> View Storage Format.
If you see empty p tags, then you can just delete them in edit mode. If you don't then paste a part of the offending storage format in your reply and I can take a look.
Generally, Word source requires clean up.
I tried your suggestion, but I don't see the "View Storage Format". Where is it within Confluence?
Thanks.
When you are viewing a page, in the upper right, the ... menu:
I am sorry, our Confluence version is 6.13.0 and not 6.0.6.
I did locate the View Storage Format, however, it only appears on our home page and not within any documents that I am working on.
OK didn't think it was a privileged function. Because I am an admin, and we have the source editor plugin installed, I can see it.
confluence-storage-format
So you need to ask your admin to install the source editor and add you to the list (you will need this anyway to clean up the crap Word brings in. ;-) Or bug them to do the View Storage function and send you the results. You really need to be able to see this so you know what is going on.
Hi:
I have sent a request to our IT Support regarding Confluence-storage-format.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.