Hello, we want to change the server, do you have information on how to migrate correctly without losing data? or how to export all the content.The two servers are ours. Thank you very much and greetings!
Hi Bernat,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
One option is to migrate Jira to a new server is to use the built-in xml backup and then restore it on the new server, see Migrating Jira applications to another server. That is what I use when migrating my production environment to my test environment.
Thank you very much!!
I will try to do it!!
Hi, I'm installing on the new server which is a centos 7 and I downloaded the .bin file from linux 64. I've put it in / tmp / jira /
and I have executed these two commands
chmod a + x atlassian-jira-software-8.0.2-x64.bin
sudo ./atlassian-jira-software-8.0.2-x64.bin
But I get this error
-bash: /tmp/jira/atlassian-jira-software-8.0.2-x64.bin: Permission denied
Do you know what it can be?
Thank you !!
Try and do a chmod 755 on the bin file and see if that helps.
Hello, thank you very much, I have finally been able to install JIRA on the new server, but now I have a problem when importing a project. He tells me that the previous project is of version 712002 and I now have 800010.
What I can do? Thank you !!!
Because of the changes between 7.x and 8.x you have to install the same version you currently have on your server on the new one, do the migration. Then you can upgrade to 8.0.2, upgrade your apps and lastly do a re-index.
Thank you very much, and how is it updated from the terminal or from JIRA itself?
I usually just run the update from the terminal
@Mikael Sandberg What about the Marketplace Apps? Does it get migrated via XML?
@Shashank Agrawal This is a 6 year old question, you should consider creating your own question for this. I do not the answer to your question, 2020 was the last year I worked on Server/DC...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.