I've a feeling this particular use-case doesn't work so cleanly for the official Jira-Server-Slack plugin...but here goes...
We have X persons that aren't an admin of Y project. They have Z private channels, and want their private channel to receive notifications from Y project.
So, they ask an admin of Y project Foo to add a Slack integration for their private channel.
However, that project admin Foo isn't a member of X's private channel so they cannot see the private channel when setting it up. Neither am I as a super-admin, as I'm not a member of the private channel either.
What I was hoping was that the integration would have the permissions to see all the private channels so that I can close the gap on cases like this -- but this seems not to be the case? Security wise this makes sense...but it's a pain for the use case of users wanting to get notifications from a popular channel in their project.
It seems the solution is either:
1) Grant those users project admin privs for that project (no....), or
2) Grant the existing project admins access to the private Slack channel from Slack (pain for them...), or
3) Create a super-admin account in Jira, link that account to Slack, and grant that Slack account super-admin privileges in Slack (a bit heavy-handed)
4) Project admin temporarily becomes a private channel member, adds the integration for the user, and then leaves the private channel.
Has anyone else come up with a better solution to this? Neither seems particularly self-service for private channels.
It seems using a separate plugin entirely (maybe with Jira email notifications sent to a Slack channel) would better solve the use case where many non-admin users want project notifications in their private Slack channels.