I have user called "Engineering" and in my project I have setup that a newly created issue it set to "Pending Acceptance" Status (i.e. "Pending Acceptance" Workflow Step) and gets assigned to this user.How can I set it up so that while the Status stays "Pending Acceptance" any User that belongs to a "Support" group can see only "Engineering" as an Assignee?
For that step, you can use a Condition option to include only those groups that can assign. Since you can create more than one condition and use the OR operator, you can add all of the groups that can assign. And, any user not in those groups you define, will not be able to assign.
Hi Regina,
Inside the workflow, in the create issue transition you can add a post-function that assigns the issue to that user. Then you can manage the issue assignee by configuring the permission scheme. You can assign only that user for the permission called 'Assignable user' or you can give the 'Asign Issue' permission just to the project administrator or something like that. Could be like that?
Or maybe I'm not understanding well?
I believe you didn't understand me. I need it to be working exactly as I put it, i.e. *ONLY* while the workflow step is "Pending Acceptance" then the only "Assignable User" for anybody logged in from the "Support" group is "Engineering" user.
The only thing I could imagine to achieve this is by writing a script for a condition test with the Script Runner plugin. I'm pretty sure this can't be done inside the Jira itself, but maybe with the plugin or doing a little dev...
Closer but not quite there yet... :-)
Conditions wouldn't work because they are for transitions, and I'm dealing with a workflow step. Permission properties seem to get me closer to the goal.
I've deleted the <jira.permission.assignable.user.1=Engineering> property for the "Pending Acceptance" Workflow Step, and replaced it with:
jira.permission.assign.group.1=jira-developres
i.e. allowing users only from the 'Developers' group to use 'Assign'.
Is it possible now to add something to it allowing users from the 'Support' group to use 'Assign' as well, but a "limited" Assign, where they will see only one name in the Assignee drop down? (i.e. "Engineering")
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.