I have below requirement:
I have due date field on ticket creation. I want to pop up an error message if due date < current date + 5 days
That message could be on pop up window or on ticket window itself as information.
You just need a "simple scripted validator"...
issue.dueDate >= new Date() + 5
That will show a red message on the ticket when they try to submit.
(Nic - I ignored the popup window aspect... I don't think this needs to be client-side at all).
Groovy doesn't interact with the user like that.
To get this as the user is typing, you'll need to inject some javascript into the creation screen, so that it can dynamically work out the date and pop a message of some sort.
Do you have any example.
Yeah, I just assumed it was a dynamic request, and forgot that a validator would tell them what's wrong after the attempt to submit it.
Thank you for the help and that worked.
I have one more question - if i try to create ticket from service desk
error message is "cannot create ticket" insted of "due date isn't greated than somedate"
any idea how to change that message.
No... I haven't really looked at JSD properly. Seems like they're assuming with JSD that all end-users are too stupid to understand a validation failure message.
You can create a ticket (without service desk) at https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRVand I will look into it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.