Attempting to install the latest release of Service Desk, 4.0.2. Article " Does Jira Service Desk need Jira Core or Jira Software" says that this release is now a standalone product. Other articles say this is not true.
I have Jira Software 8.0.2 and Confluence 6.14.1 installed on the server, both running as they should. Here is what happens when attempting to install Service Desk 4.0.2:
When I attempt to install Service Desk I first tried installing in the jira location <path>/atlassian/jira. Nope! Installer wants a different location.
Entered <path>/atlassian/servicedesk, installer accepts that.
Database location same issue, used servicedesk instead.
Finally, I get to ports Jira Service Desk will use. The installer presents HTTP: 8080, Control: 8095. Selected Recommend and the installer reports back they are in use. Of course, with Jira.
So I have three questions.
A) Is Service Desk 4.0.2 actually meant to run independent of jira? -OR- With Jira Software 8.0.2 installed and running, does one still need to resort to using the plugin?
If so can someone provide me a link to the correct install instructions for ServiceDesk 4.0.2? So far all I find are instructions on installing ServiceDesk as a component of Jira or instructions reference back to Jira, nothing ServiceDesk.
C) Can someone provide me with the Atlassian recommended HTTP and Control ports for ServiceDesk since the installer is says you cannot use Jira ports?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance...
Jack