Hi,
We have the an issue which was raised in :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Username+is+Displayed+in+Issue+View+Page+After+Upgrade+JIRA
The table_collation is utf8_general_ci on our database. The resolution in the above link is to update the jiraissue table but that wont stop the issue from happening again.
Do I need to change the table_collation to utf8_bin?
Thanks
I tried to query the jiraissue table but the pkey column is empty. I thought pkey is the JIRA issue number like WS-14 etc.
To answer your question, jira issue table has assignee set to both upper case user name in some rows and lower case in some rows for the same user.
Yes, the database must be utf8_bin. The details to configure your database can be found https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+JIRA+to+a+Database, with sub-pages for all supported engines like mysql:
CREATE DATABASE jiradb CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;
Though I am not sure that would affect a string based table like cwd_users with the symptoms you see.
Does the data look right if you query it manually (outsiode of JIRA?)
Use the project and issuenum fields. The pkey field was replaced with these two fields in 6.1.
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Preparing+for+JIRA+6.1#PreparingforJIRA6.1-editprojectkeydb
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.