I have tried every way around this, and it seems that there is no way to do what I need to do in Confluence.
Here's our setup:
- Each section of a long document is its own page
- All the pages are "Included" into a master document
- There is no way to inline comment on the master doc (understandable), and there is no way to see the comments from the smaller doc in the master doc (what I need)
I've tried several workarounds, but none are valid in Confluence, apparently.
- Tried adding a "saved search" macro for comments in the smaller doc so we can at least see comments, but there's no way to limit the search to the current page.
- Tried adding a "Recently Updated" macro limited to comments, but again, there's no way to limit to the current page.
- Tried adding a "Content Reporter" macro limited to comments, but that keeps erroring out ("This reporter cannot be used in this context.")
- I've even gone the janky route of including pages in iframes, which allows me to see comments, but is not useful at all because iframes don't resize to fit the content and they show the Confluence header and sidebar. (yes, I know that's not the purpose of iframes, I was just testing a theory 🤓)
I'm beginning to think there's no actual way to see a list comments on a page. Does anyone have a workaround (or an actual Confluence feature) I haven't tried?
Thanks!