This partially a recommendation.
I was not able to find an easy introduction to setup a very basic deployment process using Bitbucket pipeline. During the first steps I do not need any fancy encryption, ....
So my workflow right now (which I inherited) is:
1. Develop stuff
2. Push to repository
3. Pipeline executes tests and builds a downloadable jar file.
4. As I lack the privileges to deploy on the respective machine, an authorized person has to download this jar and runs a local deployment script on the test machine.
5. As I lack the privileges to deploy on the respective machine, an authorized person has to download this jar and runs a local deployment script on the production machine.
I would like to change that, so that it looks basically like:
1. Develop stuff
2. Push to repository (test branch)
3. Pipeline executes tests, builds the project and deploys to test machine.
4. Merge test branch into master
5. Pipeline executes tests, builds the project and deploys to production machine.
It is as easy as that. Yet the whole setup really drives noobies to just use jenkins.