Hi,
I'm just starting to explore JIRA. My first workflow is called "Setup new user" and looks more or less like this (simplified):
1. transition: create ticket
Here, I use a screen for providing data for the custom fields "first name", "last name" and "organizational unit"
--> status: TICKET CREATED
2. transition: assign user id
Now, I would like to show a screen with the fields mentioned above, but they should be pre-populated with the provided values and non-editable. Also, I would like to display a custom field "user id".
--> status: USER ID ASSIGNED
3. transition: assign e-mail-address
...
--> status: COMPLETED
My questions are:
- Is this approach generally ok in terms of "good JIRA practice"?
- Do I have to define distinct and independant screens for each of these transitions?
- Is it possible to have pre-populated fields at all and to loop them through the workflow?
Any other commments are highly appreciated as well!