This is quite odd. I installed Bamboo using this guide:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ATLAS/Dragons+Stage+8+-+Install+Bamboo
Afterwards, I modified the ports as it asked and started up Bamboo. All was well, then I checked my Confluence and saw it failed to load with this message:
503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
I then noticed that the Confluence java process (tomcat) had been killed. I searched through which files had changed:
[root@swen90013-C bamboo]# find /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/ -mtime -0.1
/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/logs/atlassian-confluence.log
/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/index/didyoumean
[root@swen90013-C bamboo]#
[root@swen90013-C aramk]# find /opt/atlassian/confluence/ -mtime -1
/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs
/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/localhost.2013-04-02.log
/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/catalina.out
/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/catalina.2013-04-02.log
/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/host-manager.2013-04-02.log
/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/manager.2013-04-02.log
/opt/atlassian/confluence/conf
/opt/atlassian/confluence/temp
/opt/atlassian/confluence/temp/+~JF5539691965213085257.tmp
/opt/atlassian/confluence/temp/+~JF1483396561054584346.tmp
/opt/atlassian/confluence/temp/+~JF3629011383201427068.tmp
/opt/atlassian/confluence/temp/+~JF355316828638181202.tmp
/opt/atlassian/confluence/temp/+~JF518905120637013707.tmp
/opt/atlassian/confluence/temp/+~JF720759182393898308.tmp
/opt/atlassian/confluence/temp/+~JF8465892025386154866.tmp
/opt/atlassian/confluence/temp/+~JF410444077936750596.tmp
/opt/atlassian/confluence/work
/opt/atlassian/confluence/work/catalina.pid
[root@swen90013-C aramk]# find /opt/bamboo/ -type f -mtime -0.1
/opt/bamboo/logs/bamboo.log
/opt/bamboo/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log
/opt/bamboo/jms-store/bamboo/KahaDB/db.data
/opt/bamboo/jms-store/bamboo/KahaDB/db-1.log
/opt/bamboo/jms-store/bamboo/KahaDB/db.redo
Unfortunately, the confluence log shows no indication of failure - during the time of the halt there is nothing in atlassian-confluence.log. The same applies to the confluence catalina.out.
So from what I understand, the process was forcefully terminated at some point. The only error in the bamboo logs is this:
2013-04-02 19:54:53,834 WARN [main] [BrokerService] Store limit is 102400 mb, whilst the data directory: /opt/bamboo/jms-store/bamboo/KahaDB only has 789 mb of usable space
2013-04-02 19:54:53,834 ERROR [main] [BrokerService] Temporary Store limit is 51200 mb, whilst the temporary data directory: /opt/bamboo/jms-store/bamboo/tmp_storage only has 789 mb of usable space
If I start confluence, it seems to kill JIRA! And if I start JIRA it kills Bamboo...
Is it the low memory in my VM?
[root@swen90013-C aramk]# free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 1922632 1834332 88300 0 14984 39252
-/+ buffers/cache: 1780096 142536
Swap: 1268728 941300 327428
What's going on??