Hello,
Recently I am working for a new Jira that needs a lot of kanban projects, each project/team its different and they have their own way of doing things.
They have provided status for their boards and some fields to clasify their issues. But I am not sure what is better for them. Different issuetypes for each field, of a single issuetype with a select list to clasify them.
Important, these fields are for different process.
PRO issuetypes:
You select what you want the moment you open the issue, the screen can depend on the issuetype, and the workflow.
PRO customfields.
A select list is more clean, you have one issuetype for everything and then a single select list for each project where they can choose what that issues is going to be about.
I love to hear how you make kanban for different teams, specially not IT, and how do you make them clasify their issues.
Do you use a single Task and then clasify or a issuetype that is more familiar to them?