Greetings.
I'm reading about Jira Service Desk in order to learn about it and am able to implent it in the company I work at, but I'm confused regarding the customers and their usage in the software.
Up until now, we've used IBM Control Desk (ICD) and have added customers by adding their username (used only as a shortcut to retrieve them), full name, organization, email, and activity status, but the customers didn't have the option to log into ICD, and that's not something we want to change.
Now I see that Jira Service Desk treats customers as free users and provides a portal to create requests.
What I'm looking for is a way to reproduce the functionalities we've had in ICD. Namely, I want to be able to add customers by their full name, email, organization, and activity status, without using Jira Administrator privileges, as well as link those customers to issues created in Jira Service Desk.
The biggest problem I see is that Jira Service Desk treats customers as users, when that is not something that fits our use case.
Is there another way of adding customers, without thinking of them as users able to log in and create issues?
Kind regards,
Vatroslav